When the pores are clogged with the oil or dirt, the blackheads will appear. When the pores open these comedos meet the air, the oxidization occurs so their color will change to dark color or black; due to that, we call them blackheads. These pimples can appear on cheek, nose, chin shoulder, back, or chest where many follicles exist. However, they bother us more when they present on cheeks where people look the most. Thus, finding the effective ways on how to get rid of blackheads on cheeks is the desire of many suffers.
What cause blackheads?
If you want to keep away with this acne, you should know why we have them. There are some reasons can make the blackheads.
Puberty is a crucial period in our life which helps us to become an adult. This term can be the worst reason for blackheads because of the change of hormone level.
The male sex hormone is androgen which increases the secretion of sebum. The hormone not only changes in the puberty but also occurs menstruation or pregnancy. Therefore, during the menstrual and pregnant time, girls and women can have more acne.
Besides, we have some factors can trigger blackheads. The cosmetics and clothing block the pores is a reason or our body sweat so much in the hot weather. The rapid of skin production is also one of the factors.
How to get rid of blackheads on cheeks?
Clay is rich materials for healing and cleanses your skin. Because it has ‘electrical charge’ molecules, it will help to pull out the dirt from the pores. Due to many types of clays, you should know what suit your skin.
If you have the oily skin, you should choose French green Clay which has excellent oil-absorbing and antibacterial properties. Be useful to use this clay. Applying it too much can irritate your skin.
If you have the sensitive skin, your option is Red Clay mask. If you have the dry skin, the Bentonite clay is the best for you. This type has so much the properties which are critical to healing and hydration.
- Remove your makeup and cleanse your face.
- Take a soft towel to dry your face.
- Use a brush or fingers to apply the clay mask on cheeks.
- Relax and wait for about 15- 20 minutes.
- When your cover is completely dried, put your fingers in the lukewarm water and then massage the cheek with circular motions for about 3-5 minutes. This action helps to remove the clay and exfoliate your skin to removing the dead cells.
- Clean your face off with warm water.
- Use a soft cloth or for hand to pat your face.
Now, don’t forget to moisturize your skin. You should use this method once or twice a week to have the best result.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the thing which is easy find out in your kitchen with the numerous benefits of health care and beauty care, especially removing blackheads. It has antiseptic properties, antibacterial properties, acetic and malic acid which helps to remove blackheads. An astringent property helps to close pores to prevent the dirt go inside. You can choose many ways to use apple cider vinegar for blackheads removal.
- Apply this vinegar on the cheeks by using a clean cotton ball.
- Do it before you go to sleep then rinse it off with warm water in the next morning.
- Mix one part of apple cider vinegar and three part of water.
- Put this fluid in a bottle and maintain in a refrigerator for using daily.
- Keep your eye areas stay away with this fluid because it causes pain and burns for your eyes.
Egg white mask
Eggs are a healthy food with rich of protein and vitamin. In particular, egg white has proteins and astringent property which can help light the skin and tighten pores. Separate the egg white and egg yolk away.
- Clean your face then apply the egg white to be a mask on cheek areas.
- Put the layer of facial tissue or toilet paper above.
- Gently press it on cheeks.
- Let it dry until you feel tight on face.
- Slowly peel the mask off then cleans with warm water.
- Pat dry with a soft towel and moisturize.
Baking soda is known as an exfoliator. It can remove the dead cells and dirt and blackheads. You can use this material for cheeks or even your face and whole body. Mix baking soda and water to be paste form.
- Apply on for cheeks, then massage with a circular motion gently about 5 minutes. Wash your face off with fresh water then moisturize as usual.
- Remember to wear sunscreen or cover your face when going out to protect your skin away sun rays.
- Just use baking soda about two or three times a week to avoid irritating.
Facial steam helps to open the clog pores by supporting deep cleaning. The heat also increases the circulation on the face.
- Prepare a big bowl of boil water.
- Put haft of a lemon and essential oil (lavender, rose). The lemon will help to kill antibiotic, and the essential oil brings you a pleasant smell to relax.
- Then place your face close to the bowel and use a big towel to cover all your face.
- Leave it about 15- 20 minutes then clean your face with the warm water. The pores open widely to clean the dirt and oil.
- You need to close the pores with the ice to prevent the dust get into again. Cover the cube of ice then compressor on your cheek.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your face.
- You should do this method twice or three a week.