“Throughout the journey, I had a vision and with this came a belief, I can change the world.” This is what Manushi Chhillar – Winner of Femina Miss India 2017, has to say on what determined her to hold back so confidently till the crown was on her.
The much-awaited prestige The 54th Femina Miss India was held at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai on 25th of June, 2017. The beauty with brains pageant went out of format this year and toured 30 states across the country to find the owner of the prestigious crown.
There were 30 participants from all around the country mentored by Neha Dhupia, Waluscha De Sousa, Dipannita Sharma and Parvathy Omanakuttan. Besides the Miss India, the first runner-up is Sana Dua from Jammu and Kashmir and the second runner-up is Priyanka Kumari from Bihar.
Further, the Miss Active crown was won by Vinali Bhatnagar and a special award of ‘Body Beautiful’ was grabbed by Vamika Nidhi.
The pageant was judged by Miss World 2016 Stephanie Del Valle, along with Bollywood stars like Arjun Rampal, Bipasha Basu, fashion designer Manish Malhotra, Abhishek Kapoor, Vidyut Jammwal, Ileana D’Cruz among others.
While the show was hosted by Karan Johar and Riteish Deshmukh, to ease the stress among participants and to entertain the guests, Sonu Nigam, Alia Bhatt, Sushant Singh Rajput and Ranbir Kapoor performed live on-stage and added to the glamor and glitz of the evening.
The winner, Manushi is a 20-year-old medical student, born to doctor parents, studied in St. Thomas School in Delhi and Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonepat and is now fastening herself to represent India at Miss World 2017.
Asking her about what was the first thought that flashed through her mind on hearing her name called for the crown she said, “You know what? To be absolutely honest, I was not overly excited or anxious. I was actually pretty relaxed, knowing I had given it my best shot.
It was a moment of mixed emotions for me. There I was standing when they started announcing the winners and I felt so proud for everybody. I was proud of each and every girl who had participated and when they finally called my name, it actually took some time for me to realize that I had won!”
Facts about our New Miss India:
- Besides being a budding doctor herself, Manushi’s parents, too, are medical professionals.
- Before the Miss India World 2017 title, she had won many beauty pageants during her school and college days.
- Manushi has done a few commercials as well.
- The gorgeous lady is into fitness and makes sure to hit the gym regularly.
- She also takes active participation in spreading social awareness among the underprivileged people.
- Manushi had won the Miss Photogenic title in Miss India 2017 sub-contests.
- A travel enthusiast, Manushi has visited many places in India and abroad.
Health Tips from the Miss:
- Drink lot of water. It helps you to detoxify your body and brings a glow to your skin.
- Sleep adequate hours of sleep is important for your body to function properly.
- Keep exercising because it helps to increase the flow of blood in your body.
- Always wear a smile. Smiling people look beautiful.
- Be confident. If you are confident in yourself, people will believe in you.
And the message this young winner has to give to all youngsters?
“Believe in yourself and never shy away from hard work. It does not matter what others think, ‘beauty’ is just perception. Get up every morning, tell yourself you are beautiful and gear up to win!”